Keyboards are essential to the running of many important programs on your devices. They are extremely important when you are a gaming gamer because you would want perfect responses at the right time.
PC games don’t just need a good monitor. A productive gaming keyboard is also important if you want to gain a competitive advantage while gaming. Gaming keyboards are very important for gamers. Hence, it is clear that you would need one that comes in high quality and does not affect usability.
There are a few factors to consider when making cheap deals. Firstly, you should prioritize the overall typing experience above anything else. While fancy RGB lighting and premium build quality look appealing, those are typically reserved for the more expensive options on the market. Thus, it’s smart to trade off the best RGB features and build quality for a superior typing experience.
This is also the case when choosing keyboards for other purposes.
Best Gaming Keyboards Under $50
The top products described below boast an amazing design and capabilities allowing you to enjoy different games for many hours in a row without tiring your wrist and hand.
Following are my top 5 choices for gaming keyboards that do not cost more than 50 bucks.
|Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Eagletec KG010 Mechanical Keyboard||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Cooler Master Devastator 3 Gaming Keyboard||
||Buy On Amazon|
Best For Office
|Velocifire TKl02 Wireless Gaming Keyboard||
||Buy On Amazon|
1. Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Our Choice
The Redragon K552 works and feels fantastic & gives you the best value for your investment. This gaming keyboard was built to last with ABS and metal alloy, making it look premium. The 87 keys on the keyboard are plate mounted & have curved keycaps that are precision-engineered designed for uniform backlight glow and durability.
This ergonomic mechanical keyboard comes in a more space-saving design, i.e. without a number pad.
It’s your typical heavyset mechanical keyboard but costs only a little over $30, and you get that durable gaming mechanical keyboard that will cater to all your gaming needs. Although the company is less well known, the cost combined with its impressive ratings makes it an easy purchase for those on a budget.
- Mechanical Switches: It has Cherry blue equivalent mechanical switches that cater for the ultimate performance in your gaming.
- LED Black Lightning: It has crystal clear, adjustable, LED backlighting thanks to double-shot molded keycaps.
- Construction: It is made of metal and ABS, with mechanical keys and a gold-plated USB connector that can cater to hardcore gaming.
- Durable: It is designed to give longevity, durability, and high responsiveness.
- 26 Anti-ghosting Keys: The keyboard has 26 anti-ghosting keys, which can work simultaneously and ensure instant and precise gaming.
- Splash Proof: It has a Splash-proof design.
- Multimedia Keys: It includes 12 multimedia keys and 87 conflict-free keys!
- Compatibility: It is compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows XP, limited mac OS keyboard support works well with all major computer brands and gaming pcs.
2. Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard – Premium Pick
This keyboard is not technically a mechanical keyboard, but it provides most of the same features as a good mechanical keyboard. The Corsair K55 loaded with mind-blowing features and specs. If you are a real gaming freak and want some wrist rest, then this one is for you.
Corsair’s iCUE software enables you to customize the color. This range is an overall best pick because it serves the purpose, is comfortable, programmable & has a sleek design. Also, it comes in an excellent price range.
You can use this keyboard with Windows 8, Windows, 7, Windows Vista, and Windows 10. While you are playing, you can personalize your volume without interruption. This full-sized keyboard has 110 keys, including controls for multimedia, volume, and 6 customizable macro keys (giving you a competitive advantage).
- Design: The design and dimension of this keyboard speak of ergonomics. So there is a detachable soft-rubber wrist rest that not every keyboard supports.
- RGB Black lighting: It includes RGB Backlighting that has 10+ vivid lighting modes for an immersive effect.
- Installation: The keyboard allows you to either assign single keystrokes or complex multi-key combos to any dedicated 6 macros keys. And the best part is you won’t need any extra software installation.
- Macro Keys: It also provides programmable macro keys for powerful action, key remapping, and combos + control without game interruption.
- Responsive Keys: The keys are quiet and responsive keys that provide a satisfying feeling.
- Anti-ghosting Feature: It has an anti-ghosting feature that allows accurate key presses simultaneously. Multi-key anti-ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses.
3. Eagletec KG010 Mechanical Keyboard – Budget Friendly
The third keyboard on our list is our best value choice suitable for college students or young gamers on a budget. We choose the Blue LED version of the Eagletec KG010 mechanical keyboard as it is $10 less than the RGB version. Now, you can’t get much for $10, but you can save towards a high-quality gaming mouse under $50.
Much like our premium choice mechanical keyboard, this one also comes with “custom Blue switches”, which to be fair, aren’t the worst. They are just there to keep the cost low, so if you want to replace the switches for a Cherry MX switch, grab yourself a keycap puller and go wild.
There’s a huge variety of different colors and backlight options for the KG010, including a black body + RGB backlight option and a white body + RGB backlight. There are also some sporting a really clean-looking brushed aluminum finish.
It is the best budget gaming keyboard I’ve been able to find. With a brushed aluminum body and actual mechanical switches, this looks and feels like a keyboard that costs twice the price.
If you don’t mind the lack of customizability, this keyboard is an incredible value.
- Design: Despite having only a single-color backlight, this is still an attractive, eye-catching device.
- Value: It has outstanding value. It looks and feels like it should cost twice as much as it does.
- Media Playback Controls: Media playback controls are still available using the function keys, but they’re not given their own space on the keyboard.
- Custom Mechanical Switches: Durable custom mechanical switches that are designed for longevity and responsiveness.
- Minimal Resistance: Mechanical keys have medium resistance. It has an audible clicking sound and tactile feedback.
- Customization: You can customize the LED lights and also control their brightness as well as the continuation of the lighting.
4. Cooler Master Devastator 3 Gaming Keyboard – Best Value
This is the Devastator 3 Combo to provide gamers with the best gaming keyboard under 50. The ergonomic design enhances the comfort and ease to use manifold.
With a user-friendly design, the mouse offers an ultralow flat profile. Hence you get to use the mouse with utter convenience and the large mouse wheel is a brownie point. This combo is designed to give comfort without lacking efficiency in performance. It is designed flat with an ultralow profile to aid convenience, with a large mouse wheel for ease of use.
The keyboard is really great, and the keys actually feel somewhat mechanical by offering a more tactile feel than your average membrane keyboard would. It also has dedicated media buttons so you can switch songs or change the volume easily enough. The unit is lightweight but feels relatively durable and not cheap as you would assume.
One downside is that the keyboard’s LEDs can only be toggled on/off, and when they’re off it’s nearly impossible to actually see what’s what.
- Stability: The rubber side grips on the mouse are to prevent wear and tear, and also ensure stability.
- Grip Coated: The keyboard keypads are laser etched and grip coated to ensure wear and tear are at their minimum as well as provide optimum functionality.
- Compatibility: The backlight of both the keyboard and the mouse is compatible with RGB and you get to choose from seven different backlight options.
- 7 Backlight Options: Both the keyboard and mouse are RGB capable with 7 backlight options.
- Custom Membrane Switches: Simply press the FN key to switch colors. For enhanced functionality and elegance it comes with custom membrane switches. Thus there won’t be any noise at all.
5. Velocifire TKl02 Wireless Gaming Keyboard – Best For Office
There are numerous mechanical keyboards out in the market these days. But if you are looking for an affordable and reliable gaming keyboard, you may consider the Velocifire Mechanical Keyboard TKL02 which only sold for $44.99 at their official Velocifire Store and on Amazon for $41.99.
Velocifire Mechanical Keyboard is a wireless keyboard with a built-in battery at 1850 mAh, which will last up to 21 days without a charge, the keyboard feels solid in the hands and quite heavy.
It uses brown mechanical switches from Content – a company similar to Outemu and Kailh. They’re not super high-quality like Cherry MX, but they work well enough. The TKL02 only has a single backlight color – a blueish white. And only the option to turn it off and on. However, the backlight is, in my opinion, at a perfect level for both daytime and nighttime use. It’s not too bright and definitely not too dim.
- Switches: The switches are unique, they use Content Brown switches which are a Cherry MX knockoff.
- 104 Keys: The keyboard has 104-keys with brown switches. These low noise switches have soft tactile bump feedback.
- Performance: The keyboard is preferred for its fast and accurate performance, optimized productivity, signal stability, and long battery life.
- Smart Charging System: VM02WS also has double USB mode with the smart charging system that allows you to charge, type, and play simultaneously.
- Compatibility: It is also compatible with Windows and Linux. With an exception with several function keys, it is compatible with Mac OS as well.
- 1850 mAH battery: It is a fully charged keyboard that works for 12 hours with, and 150 hours without backlight – perfect for on-the-go situations.
To Sum Up
Mechanical keyboards have gotten much, much better over the years. All of these improvements have had an impact on the budget deals as well. In fact, you can get all types of keyboards for under $ 50.
We’ve rounded up the best mechanical keyboards at the lowest possible prices by comparing characteristics, classifications, and quality. Plus, getting a more expensive mechanical keyboard definitely has a heavier construction and additional features than many of these keyboards are missing.
However, if you are looking for a beginner mechanical keyboard or something cheap to add to your gaming setup, we recommend checking out the keyboards on our list.