With the tech industry currently booming, it’s no surprise to see today’s market playing host to a sea of high-performance PC cases that come to shelves offering a variety of different shapes, sizes, and price points. That makes choosing the right one for your specific needs a time-consuming and strenuous task – even more so if you plan on building it around the M-ATX form factor. Luckily, there is still a pretty large demand for Micro-ATX cases and we see new arrivals hitting shelves on an almost monthly basis. These arrivals also include handles which are very helpful.
MicroATX Case With Handle – Overview
If you want to build a small form-factor gaming computer, you have a couple of options for the size of the motherboard and case you can you. One of the more budget-friendly form-factors is micro-ATX. Micro-ATX cases are a little smaller than the traditional standard ATX mid-tower cases and are a little bit larger than the popular mini-ITX cases.
The nice thing about micro ATX cases and motherboards is that they typically cost quite a bit less than mini-ITX motherboards and cases. In a lot of instances, gamers working with a tight budget can’t afford a mini-ITX case and motherboard because of their higher price. However, there are plenty of micro-ATX cases and motherboards out there that come in at a fraction of the price.
The handles are great and all, but they are definitely not the only aspect to be analyzed when purchasing a case. Cases are a very important component of a PC rig, for they allow you to future proof your build, and determine the type and level of cooling your setup will function under. In particular, the four main aspects that you need to take into account when purchasing a case are:
- Its cooling capability: How many fans it allows to be mounted, whether or not it includes any fans, whether it has an airflow optimized design, and its cable management design so that the case isn’t cluttered.
- Its size: Full towers can house pretty much any type of motherboard, while mid-towers can carry EATX, ATX, and smaller mobos, mini-towers can sometimes hold an ATX motherboard but are usually used for mATX or mITX motherboards, and finally SFF cases can only have an mITX motherboard attached.
- Its noise levels: The amount of noise the case allows to escape from its enclosure, be it from the multiple case fans, the CPU cooler, or the PSU.
- Its looks: A case doesn’t necessarily need to have a tempered glass panel and RGB lighting to look good. Even a sleek simplistic design can also look great, so it all depends on its overall design.
In today’s article, we’ll be going through some of the best micro-ATX cases the market has to offer. We’ll be putting them through their paces to see how they stack up in build quality, aesthetics, thermals, noise levels, and overall build assembly.
Our Top Picks
The table below represents our top selections for the best micro-ATX cases across a range of categories.
|ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 Mid-Tower Computer Case||
||Buy On Amazon|
|Cougar Panzer EVO||
||Buy On Amazon|
|SilverStone Technology Mini-ITX||
||Buy On Amazon|
1. ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 Mid-Tower Computer Case
ASUS is certainly known for its prowess in building great PC components and even finished laptops and desktop machines. This new foray into the chassis category seems to be off on a great start as the TUF Gaming GT501 is not only a feature-laden and well-built case but it’s also very adept at keeping temperatures on the lower side.
At Rs.13, 999 the case isn’t exorbitantly priced and is competitive in the market. All its lacking is a digital component for monitoring metrics but ASUS’s motherboards are more than capable of compensating for that. The TUF Gaming GT501 is a large encloser that holds very high-end hardware with full support for custom liquid cooling. The case has an extremely modular design and supports metal exterior panels, 4mm tempered glass, and two giant handles that can handle 30 KG.
- Brand: Asus
- Material: Tempered Glass
- Motherboard Compatibility: Extended ATX
- Cooling Material: Water
- Item Weight: 26.24 Pounds
- Item Dimension: 25.2 x 25.8 x 13.3 inches
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Durable: TUF Gaming GT501 is crafted from up to 1.5mm-thick galvanized steel for enhanced durability in understated industrial style, and has a special coating that resists scuffs and scratches.
- Design: With a full-height, smoked-glass side panel, TUF Gaming GT501 lets you show off your build from top to bottom – so your components, customizations, and Aura illuminations are all clearly visible.
- ASUS Aura Sync lighting technology: With exclusive ASUS Aura Sync lighting technology, TUF Gaming GT501 provides ambient lighting that can be synchronized with other Aura Sync-enabled components.
- Optimized Cooling: TUF Gaming GT501’s trio of 120mm Aura Sync RGB fans each contains 11 blades, and delivers high-static-pressure flow for targeted cooling.
- Easy PC DIY: TUF Gaming GT501 makes PC DIY easier than ever.
- Removable Dust Filters: Removable dust filters effectively prevent airborne particulates from entering TUF Gaming GT501, keeping your system’s internals looking as good as new for longer.
2. Cougar Panzer EVO
The Cougar Panzer EVO RGB is the most elaborate of the full-tower Panzer series, with the Panzer G in the lower-end, the Panzer Max in the middle, and the EVO RGB as the fully-loaded variant. It really does look like a tank, which is what “Panzer” means in German. Cougar Panzer EVO RGB convinces us completely except for a small point of criticism. The material quality is very good and the housing has no workmanship defects.
The many possibilities offered also ensure a good evaluation. Up to eight 120 mm fans can be installed, and four radiators up to 360 mm in size are also possible. Due to the large proportions of the housing, there is no limit to the hardware configuration.
The only point of criticism with the 200 Euro case is two of the three magnetic dust filters. These can only be removed if the glass pane in front of it is removed. Otherwise, the case is suitable for all lovers of large cases.
The Panzer EVO RGB is a fantastic chassis with enough tempered glass and RGB lighting to satisfy even the most hard-core gamer. Top-notch thermal performance combined with a laundry list of premium features guarantees this chassis will delight the performance enthusiasts in all of us. In the end, if you take all things into consideration, we think this is a case (pun intended) of getting exactly what you pay for.
- Brand: COUGAR
- Material: Composite, Tempered Glass, Metal
- Cooling Method: Air
- Item Weight: 4 Kilograms
- Item Dimension: 10.47 x 21.88 x 24.09 inches
- Case Type: Full Tower
- Motherboard Compatibility: Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX, SSI-CEB, L-ATX, E-ATX (up to 279 mm wide)
- Fan / LED Controller: 3-speed switch
- Packaging: The Cougar Panzer EVO RGB ships in a brown cardboard box which, unlike in most cases, is set to be stored flat. There is loads of information on the box, including the specifications and highlights on included features.
- Design: The Cougar Panzer EVO RGB has, as you would expect from a Big Tower, a very massive structure and looks very stable. The materials used also contribute to this.
- RGB LED Fans: A total of four RGB LED fans are already pre-installed. Three of them are located directly behind the glass front, the last one is at the back. These 4 included vortex RGB 120 fans can by themselves create a truly magical atmosphere.
- Convenient Upgrades: Panzer EVO is more than a powerful piece of eye candy, it is also one of the most convenient cases ever created. You can add storage devices, remove its glass covers or dismount the PSU cover without using a single tool. Everything has been designed to making your life easier.
- 5 Motherboard Form Factors: It has support for five different motherboard form factors, up to four double-slot 390mm graphics cards, and loads of space for storage and media drives that give you the freedom you want to design your build and to expand it.
3. SilverStone Technology Mini-ITX
Based on the excellent RAVEN Z RVZ02 chassis, the Milo ML08 is a super slim Mini-ITX console case with highly capable accommodations. With a volume of only 12 liters, this case is small yet easy to assemble when compared to other slim cases in the same class. There is plenty of room for a powerful graphics card up to 13 inches in length while tool-less drive cages make assembly quicker than ever. With clever space utilization and engineering, two major heat sources are separated via the chassis’ main chamber so CPU and graphics card can each have their own airflow path.
Despite its diminutive size, the ML08 is a remarkably versatile case that can be used anywhere from being a compact desktop workstation (in vertical orientation) to a living console or HTPC (in horizontal orientation). There are even optional models of ML08 with integrated handles, making them effortlessly portable and perfect for any slim PC build.
SilverStone’s ML08, which is heavily based on the company’s popular Raven RVZ02, is targeted towards users who want all of the RVZ02’s great features, but with a more subdued look. With its low price, compact size, and ability to pack a decent amount of hardware, the ML08 wins our seal of approval for those looking for a great HTPC or mini gaming case.
- Brand: Silver Stone Technology
- Material: Reinforced plastic outer shell, steel body
- Cooling Method: Air
- Item Weight: 9.48 pounds
- Item Dimension: 14.57 x 14.96 x 3.43 inches
- Case Type: ITX Chassis
- Motherboard Compatibility: Mini ITX
- Easy Installation: The motherboard installs easily enough alongside the PSU. There’s even enough room for cables beside the RAM and along the chassis sidewall.
- Horizontal and Vertical Orientation: This case can be used for a compact desktop workstation in vertical orientation or as a living console or HTPC in horizontal orientation.
- Airflow Path: Two major heat sources are separated via the chassis’ main chamber so that the CPU and graphics card can each have their own airflow path.
- Super Slim: Based on the excellent RAVEN Z RVZ02 chassis, the Milo ML08 is a super slim Mini-ITX console case with highly capable accommodations.
- Plenty Of Space: There is plenty of room for a powerful graphics card up to 13 inches in length while tool-less drive cages make assembly quicker than ever.
To Sum Up
The importance of a PC case cannot be overstated. Your case protects the rest of your components and provides them with airflow to ensure they’re running at a stable temperature. The additional bonuses that come with a micro-ATX case, however, mean you can add convenience and some real space-saving solutions into the mix as well!
The above-mentioned are my best micro ATX with a handle. Therefore, If you want the best budget Micro ATX cases, consider anyone of the above.